These are great served with rice as a simple starter or main meal. Vary the flavours as you see fit, there is lots of scope for coming up with your own version. Savoury fried bananas can be used to accompany other Mexican dishes.
You’ll need: (Serves 4)
- 4 bananas, sliced at an angle
- 30 g butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Cook the rice as per instructions on the rice packet. When it is around 5 minutes from being done start to cook the bananas.
- Heat the butter over a medium heat, and when it starts to froth add the chopped onion, fry for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and chilli and stir.
- Add the banana slices and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until they go slightly crisp on each side.
- Serve onto the rice with a garnish of fresh coriander.